Páginas

Monday, March 14, 2016

INTRODUCTORY POST

So here's my obligatory "About me" and "Why I started this bullshit" post and blah blah blah. I feel there's a stepping stone in this and I'm gonna go ahead and mark it. 

My name is Katie, hence the name. I am 28 years old and the (most of the time) proud mother of two adorable daughters - Scarlett and Kennedy. Scarlett is 3 and Kennedy is newly hatched, born February 1 of this year. This blog is going to catalog my journey as a thrifty re-seller .... hopefully.

It was around this time 5 weeks ago that I went to my grandparents' house to visit and to see my uncle who was in from out of town. I toted along my brand-new baby girl so he could meet her. I had left behind my oldest, loudest child with her grandmother for the day so I could have at least a little peace and quiet (any other moms out there know what I'm talking about). Sometimes a break is a break, you know? Sometimes five minutes of shhhh is enough to keep you going.

It was then that I got to catch up with my uncle and find out what he'd been up to. Apparently he had become an avid eBay re-seller and was absolutely killing it in the profits department. He decided to take me under his wing and teach me the ropes since he figured I was smart enough to do it too.

At least he had faith in my abilities. Here I am, 5 weeks later, no closer to making a sale than I was a year ago. I'm definitely confident and holding out hope.... but damn is this shit hard.

Yeah, I cuss. Fight me about it.

So I'm sitting pretty with several items listed on eBay - some are Buy it Now and some are auction. I'm dipping my toe in the water since I approach most things with caution these days. I've invested a little bit over $100 into this adventure and way too many hours of my time... but time is all I have these days. I'm fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home-mom. 

All you other ladies staying at home with your little ones ..... have a beer. Have a whole case of beer. 'Cause this is the hardest thing I think I've ever done. You truly don't get to clock out when you're a stay-at-home parent. I always knew it was a pain to take care of kiddos all day long but I didn't truly admire stay-at-home folks til I became one. Kudos to you all. You deserve a sticker and some wine.  Going back to work seems like a luxury at this point but again, I am blessed. I really am. I won't have to return to work until my youngest is in preschool .... or ever. We're not sure yet. But in the meantime, I'm on grocery duty. And laundry duty. And cleaning up the house duty. And shitty diaper duty. And boob-feeding duty. And it continues on into the night ... it's never a dull moment.

And thank you to those of you who nod at me understandably with sheer pity in your eyes as I'm pushing a cart through the snack aisle at the grocery store while the newborn baby wails like she's being tortured and the 3-year-old child is insisting on pushing the cart and manages to run over my toes, all while screaming out "MOMMY MOMMY, YOU FORGOT TO GET ME COOKIES. CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. MOMMY WE HAVE TO TURN AROUND WE FORGOT THE COOKIES MOMMY ARE YOU LISTENING?! MOMMY MY BABY SISTER IS CRYING"

Yes, beloved daughter of mine ...... I am well aware. Trust me. 

I always swear I'm never taking them into public again.

So here I am, believing I may be out of my damn mind for wanting to take on an eBay business. The hubs is supportive and thinks if this thing takes off, we'll have extra cash to throw at bills or to save for fun stuff down the road. Fun stuff involving screaming, unhappy children like a vacation. What's a vacation? I can type the word but I'm unsure I truly understand the meaning.

With all that being said, I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I enjoy writing it. I have a feeling it's going to help me vent and blow off some steam .... I can't drink right now since a tiny infant relies on me for nutrition so what else is a girl to do? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment